Pages - Menu

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

am i officially a scrappah now?

egads, MORE photographs inspiring me to do more stuff with 'em. i made ONE card all weekend.

this one was for a "use your scraps" challenge in my Cafe Mom group (although it wasn't a crop challenge). we were to use scraps of paper and punch like it was goin' outta style.





this is Rainy Day Fhiona, from Your Next Stamp. i paper pieced the front of the brollie, and her hairband, coat and boots. Fhiona just reminds me so much of the Powerpuff Girls (love them!). i went out for hallowe'en as Buttercup one year. :) i seem to have a thing for hanging onto my negatives when i punch or use my cuttlebug. i'm on a mission to use up all those negatives!

we were also challenged (this time for the crop) to do a ROUND layout, using only 3 colours. this is another first for me! i'm no stranger to the colour restrictions, natch, but a scrapbook page that's ROUND?! INSANITY, i tell you!

and yet, i'm totally enthralled with this one. it's very me, and representative of a very important time in my life.





i was working on one more for the crop last night, and at 10:40 i checked the challenge post, only to realize that i'd already missed the deadline. that was probably a blessing in disguise, as i'd been struggling with a title for too long, and i'd have been up for another three hours trying to put it together. instead, i hit the hay. :) i'll post that one today (assuming i am able to GET a title for it!) - the new Design Dollies Elements Challenge will be posting today, so i'll be back to share the deets!

10 comments:

  1. This is very cool, I love it! Great work all around, and that card is AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Leah and I loooove the round scrapbook page. What a great idea and you did an amazing job with it. Can't wait to see the title you come up with for your next page. Hugs, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving everything! That card is so super fabulous! The colors make me tremendously happy! And I SOOOO love that layout! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great circular layout with that photo - looks great. Also thanks for the comment you left - it had been toggled, never even seen that before and must have been clicked by accident. All sorted now,
    Thanks
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ya know, nothin' wrong with being a scrappah! ;) I love the round lo...it's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the scrapbooking pages!!! I have bought loads of albums and have loads of photo's but never seem to find the time to concentrate on them...your page is just gorgeous!!

    Love your card..the sentiment is just fab!!

    P.S thanks for all the kind comments you leave on my blog! I really do appreciate them! hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOOOOO, girlie, I'm loving you as a scrappah!!!!!! your layout is fabby-o! I'm all over the waves and the white pom pom ribbons! You go girlie!
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY!! Loving everything here! All that punching on your card is too frickin cute! And I love your LO with the pom poms. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd say, yep, officially a scrappah!! Your LO rocks :) Have you checked out pagemaps? There's a whole section of round page sketches to inspire :) Loving your card too, the star-rainbow and the cute quote.

    ReplyDelete
  10. adorable! I love the star rainbow! What a clever idea. super cute girl!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by! please leave a message after the beep... "BEEEEEEEEEP!"