Pages - Menu

Thursday, September 9, 2010

and now for something completely CHARISMATIC!

do you know what today is?

it's challenge day at Charisma, and ooohhhh, we have a FUN one for you this week! lots of players with last week's "Inspired by a Song" challenge - so much wonderful eye candy!

today, something different! no, really. SOMETHING DIFFERENT! that's the theme - we want you to try something different - something you're not used to doing or have never tried, or add something that might make you step outside your comfort zone... remember, DIFFERENT IS GOOD! (i pride myself on it!)

i played with a technique i just learned, and i see myself using this a LOT because i absolutely LOVE the effect!

first of all, my card:
(click to enlarge any of the photos!)


close-up:


a little closer:


my technique?
altering magazine pages (in this case, from National Geographic) - i can't tell you what i used yet (it's a secret!), but here's what the papers looked like before i made my background and flower:


i also tried a masking technique with the stars by sprinkling the tiny punched stars (from my border) on my card and sponging over them with white Staz-On, then removing the stars (and tracing the black lines, then adhering some lighter coloured stars afterwards) - i was playing around, no clue what i was really doing, but i liked that it added a smoky, bubbly haze where the bubbles might be rising into the air. i know, i know, totally random. :)

finally, i stamped on acrylic, punched a hole, and attached my sentiment to my flower by twisting wire. another first for me!

i had a TON of fun making this one, and hopefully it will inspire you to try something (anything) new for your project! play along by CLICKING HERE, and you could win a 3 month subscription to SCRAPBOOK NEWS AND REVIEW MAGAZINE! (i happen to love them!)

join me and the rest of the Charisma Gals with your "DIFFERENT" creation, and good luck!

OH! and submitting this one for the following:
Paper Sundaes - their challenge is Mixed Mediums (ink, mist, marker, gel pen)
The ABC Challenge - C is for Charms (i fashioned my own with the acrylic tag, but the little turquoise star is a metal charm as well)

18 comments:

  1. Totally gorgeous Leah! I love your background paper, wonderful! Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ! Such a fabulous creation ! Love it !
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! You have OUTDONE yourself Leah!! This is JUST AMAZING!! WOW WOW WOW!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee those stars! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my, now i can totally see the need for white stayz on!!!!!!! i thik this is one of my fav ever of your projects

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely stunning! I love your background paper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is so pretty! It is magical!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa shit! This looks amazing! *-*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing card! I want in on the secret!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow wow wow!!! gorgeous amazing and magical! LOVE IT!!!! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is AMAZING!!! my goodness woman I am in awe. I love it to bits! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic - love all the little details, you really mixed it up. Great take on a challenge!
    Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fantastic DT creation, wonderful Idea!

    Hugs, Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card, great job with our mixed medium challenge! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW, this is just gorgeous!! Thanks so much for joining us with our Mixed Mediums challenge at Paper Sundaes.

    Hugs,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Leah!!! your a talented lil orange!!! hehe!! :-) what a fantastic way to do your papers! i'd never be able to do owt like that!! lol!!!

    Ok so the time has come for me to ask the obvious.... why orange??? is it your fav colour??? hehe!!

    Welcome aboard charisma hunny!!! your officially a charisma gal now!!! xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is stunning! So much to look at, I just love it.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by! please leave a message after the beep... "BEEEEEEEEEP!"