Pages - Menu

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Dollie love, with a cherry on top!

Design Dollies' COLOR CHALLENGE - the last one for September! and here's me, crafting madly for both the party i'm attending tomorrow evening (a hostess party - i'm supposed to be unloading my thank you and congrats cards, and maybe some others too if i'm lucky!) and a craft fair in december that will be here far too quickly.

so this week's colours:
Lavender, Tan and Navy


yeah, looks like a toughie, right? but seriously, our Dollies KICKED BUTT on this, and i couldn't be more proud of them! CLICK HERE to see what they did, and prepare to be wowed!

here is my humble little card using these colours (and a piece of BANANA SKIN PAPER - sounds gross, but as long as i don't have to smell it or eat it, i'm happy!):

(i swear, the lined paper and ribbon match, and they're a lovely lavender colour, but they don't photograph well, no matter how hard i try!)

SOOOO, for this one, i used Kazan's sketch #62 (turned sideways) from 2 Sketches 4 You


next, a very big thank you to the lovely REE and the fabby CARLYANN for bestowing upon me the following sweet treat:


GIRLIES, you are both just too sweet, and i am honoured and thrilled to have made your lists! *big squeezes*

so this is the stuff that goes along with the award...

1. Thank the person who gave you the award.
2. Put the Award on your blog.
3. List 3 things you like about yourself.
4. Post a picture you love.
5. Pass this award on to 5 other people.

1. CHECK!
2. CHECK!
3. three things i like about myself:
my sense of humour (sometimes cheeky, sometimes a bit dry, occasionally sarcastic, but always on the lighter side!), my love for COLOUR, especially ORANGE (i seldom keep a neutral dress code, hence i often stand out in a crowd - okay so maybe it's not always the clothes...), the fact that i'm a grammar nazi with an extensive, robust vocabulary (many words of which i even invented myself!)
4. a picture i love:

(because little red hens can be SUPER sweet and cuddly - i know this from experience!)
5. 5 people to whom i send this award:
Diana - she's clever, she's crafty, and she's SO gonna have coffee with me someday!
Pinky - she's, well, PINKY! a girl with mad craftin' skillz, and who shares my flair for colour!
Robin - she's "Odd" like me, a Canadian import like me, and she kicks monochromatic butt!
Jan - she persevered, and dude, she makes killer cards! (plus she makes me totally lullz!)
Metal_Minish - mad crafty dude, and i just wanna go shopping with him! (plus he can MIST like there's no tomorrow!)

RIGHT!
there ya be!

13 comments:

  1. What a fabby card-I love the layering you did (and that lace is breathtaking!)Congrats on the fun award!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous card! Love the use of craft and all your gorgeous layering! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Leah and I just love that photo! Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey gorgeous,
    I love what you did with those colours! You secretly love lavender, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is adorable. That photo is SO cute! And it was fun to read your little pieces of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww what a sweet card, love your colouring and your girlie stamp is adorable... thank you too for your nice comment on my card, yes I also struggle with mono cards and CAS ones mostly. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well hellllooooooo there girly! Long time no talk, right?? I'm so sorry I haven't stopped by, I'm ashamed, truly ashamed. ;)

    But I love, love, love this card...you really rocked the colors. And congrats on the bloggy award!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're soooooo sweet! Thanks for the award. (I'm blushing, can't you tell?) You'll have to forgive me for not posting it on my blog.....I was given this award from someone else a few weeks ago and unless I give it to all the people I gave it to, and back to you of course, I'm tapped on on my blogland friends!

    Btw, you made me have to look up the word "lullz." Wanted to be sure you weren't sneakily insulting me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your card. Nice layers, cute girl and lovely sentiment. I like how the fonts are different or each word!

    ReplyDelete
  11. fabulous cards. Love the princess card and sunshine. supa cute

    ReplyDelete
  12. so pretty - love your coloring
    Thanks for joining us this week at 2S4Y
    :) Kazan

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by! please leave a message after the beep... "BEEEEEEEEEP!"